Pages

Monday, December 9, 2013

NO HATE! what Nelson Mandela has taught me.

Today as I do most every morning, I put on the TV as I get ready to go to the shop. I always choose something bright and colorful to wear because I like to be in a happy mood. Well...don't ever try to do that and listen to the news. My husband is a news hound and so for him, I didn't change the channel. But for me, it left me sad and tired, like I had put in a full days' work.  Why does the media muck rake? Why do people rejoice in seeing other people suffer? What is the importance of always being right at the sake of totally ruining someone else's life?

Here at RCMoore for the Unique...we practice tolerance every day. The church people shop next to the strippers, who shop next to the transgenders, who shop next to working moms, who shop next to teenagers, who shop next to Latinas, African, West Indians, East Indians, Catholics, Asians, Jehovah's Witnesses, Jews, Hindus, ....everyone!  Everyone knows when they come in our door,you can be your own unique self.


There have been many many articles on Nelson Mandela. I watched this morning as so many articles had negative posts and I could not understand why. This man was labeled a terrorist because of so many things he stood up for. He was imprisoned for many years and yet never hated anyone. He stood for the people even at the sacrifice of his own personal life. I can't understand where the hate is coming from and it is sad. I honor and respect anyone who stands for equality for all. Who stands for peace. Who tries to make people come together, even when those people are misunderstood. Nelson Mandela was that man.

 So I say to Nelson Mandela,

 "good bye, Tata...your life was long and very hard. But it was not for nothing. It planted a seed in my mind of how I should live my life. I want to live that life. I want it for my grandaughters. Thank you for your journey"

Today is December 9th..the almost end to another year. I hope that in the future there will be more of the following things:   TOLERANCE!  EMPATHY! COMPASSION! UNDERSTANDING! and most of all.....LOVE! we have to change, or we will destroy ourselves...............

No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.
- Nelson Mandela - “Long Walk To Freedom”







Rose Ellen Moore
www.rcmooreunique.com


No comments:

Post a Comment