Pages

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Love yourself....no matter what!

Today I watched Good Morning America and what I saw made me so angry!   Self proclaimed "Fit Mom" Maria Kang has been temporarily banned from facebook after complaining about the positive media coverage of a plus size women's group that encourages plus size women to pose in lingerie. This woman to me is not a 'fit mom' she is a BULLY.  It took every ounce of self control not to stand up and curse at the TV. Who does this woman think she is? She posed for a photo with her in a bikini and her 3 sons underneath her. I have NEVER been that size even BEFORE I had my children. On a good day with running 5-8 miles a day and eating healthy small meals, I am 172 pounds and I'm a size 10. That is FAT according to Hollywood or Society's standards. When in fact, my cholesterol and my blood pressure was probably lower than Ms Kang's.

Everyone has a different set of genes and a different metabolism. How can a woman automatically say that a woman who has a different body type and a different lifestyle is wrong? I know many many bigger women who are healthy! They lift weights, they eat well and the exercise. I agree that an obese woman who sits all day is a health risk, but bullying them to change their lifestyle is a no-no. Encouragement, HOPE!

Richard Simmons (who I love dearly) knows all about being obese. And he knows all about being healthy. He has walked the walk and he has compassion and empathy. Sometimes the goal is so big, you don't know how in the world you are going to get there. The hundreds of pounds did not pack on because they were at every party in the world. They were eating out of sadness, depression and lack of worth.  It's more than just a donut here and there. Ms. Kang just doesn't get it on so many levels. I'm glad she's banned from facebook...I wish she was banned from being in the media. To me, she is everything I do NOT wish to be. A skinny, pretty , girl with a 'better-than-you' attitude. I wasn't lucky enough to carry my children without a stretchmark. I have alot of those. My hair fell out when I was pregnant, and I lacked iron so my teeth turned a crappy shade of grey. I definately did not glow. I went from a size 10 to a size 24. Then after my kids I went to a 14..and I was grateful. After a FEW YEARS I returned to my size 10 only to get pregnant again and balloon to a 24. Then I nursed all my children(4) and my boobs sagged.  I have flaws,and now at 51 wrinkles and lines where they are not supposed to be.

Beauty is when you get up in the morning and put on alittle lipstick or chapstick, do your hair in the best way possible and smile. Beauty is when you are pleasant and caring to people. Beauty is when YOU like what you are wearing. Beauty is when you feel confidant about yourself. Beauty is infectious! It's not being a size 0 with rock hard abs. So sorry Ms. Kang, but you have a long way to go to be beautiful.
this is me, Rose Ellen Moore at 5'7" and 170 pounds. This was last year. 
 Here I am 25 pounds heavier. It's not that I don't want to run, 
I just don't have time now because I am in my store. But I try every day, and I'll get there again..... I'm not worried,because I'm still beautiful and so are YOU! so SHINE today...feeling good is looking good. 


www.rcmooreunique.com

No comments:

Post a Comment