Pages

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Someone make me a man............I want to be a drag queen!!!!

On Wikipedia the definition of a drag queen is as follows:

"drag queen is a man who dresses, and often acts, like a caricature woman often for the purpose of entertaining. There are many kinds of drag artists and they vary greatly, from professionals who have starred in films to people who just try it once. Drag queens also vary by class and culture and can vary even within the same cities. There are drag artists of all genders and sexualities who do drag for various reasons or purposes."

I don't know if any of you have watched RuPaul's drag race, but I am it's biggest fan! I love to watch the creativity, the gowns, the sparkles, and most of all the respect and care that they give themselves. Watching these men transform themselves into beautiful women is an art. I watch with awe as they apply each eyelash and lipstick carefully to create an illusion. Isn't that what life is, afterall? 

 At the end of each show RuPaul says, 'if you don't love yourself, how the hell you gonna love someone else ...can I hear an Amen?" and of course the whole crowd yells AMEN! because it is so.   I love RuPaul. He has done a great service not only to gay men of the world, but also to women. He tries to instill a sense of pride, a sense of love for yourself and above all, respect for yourself and others. 

It does not matter if you agree with same sex marriage or not. It does not matter if you agree with another person's lifestyle. We need to practice tolerance and respect for each other. We are all made in a very unique way and no other person can judge another person for the life that they live. 

So my message I give to everyone today isthis:  love yourself and others. Respect yourself and others. Tolerate yourself and others. And in the words of RuPaul:

" If you can't love yourself, how the hell you gonna love someone else....CAN I HEAR AN AMEN?! "






Rose Ellen Moore
www.rcmooreunique.com


No comments:

Post a Comment