Pages

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

it's you I like..............

You know...Clayton and I are blessed. We say it every day. We are amazed at how many wonderful and kind people we have met since we opened our business. We have had some jerks too...but they are few and far between.

We have been blessed with a store that has drawn many different types of people together. People that would not normally know each other. I won't even begin to label all the different people. Because I hate labels so much. But I will say that every single one of them is different, beautiful and fabulous in their own way.

As I was scrolling through my YouTube List of favorites the other day, I came across this song by Mr. Rogers. He was a big part of my growing up. In a home full of loud people and an often chaotic atmosphere, he was a calming voice. And I was convinced he never said an unkind word about or to anyone. He sang this song many years ago....something I always remembered and it applies to every one of my customers. Look...he's not a rap guy....he's not anywhere near Justin Timberlake....but these words.......these words are so true.....so remember our dear friends......it's you we like............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai9-r1Op8TE

It's you I like,
It's not the things you wear,
It's not the way you do your hair
But it's you I like
The way you are right now,
The way down deep inside you
Not the things that hide you,
Not your toys
They're just beside you.

But it's you I like
Every part of you.
Your skin, your eyes, your feelings
Whether old or new.
I hope that you'll remember
Even when you're feeling blue
That it's you I like,
It's you yourself
It's you.
It's you I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment